Peter L Briger, self-made billionaire and co-chair of the prominent wealth management firm Fortress Investment Group has worked hard to get to where he is today. Despite creating his own success, he puts much of his time, money, and energy into philanthropic enterprises.
Where He Came From
Before joining Fortress Investment Group, Peter Briger began his adult life like any other Ivy League coed. With a strong vision for where he wanted to go in life, Briger finished his initial degree at Princeton, before attending the Wharton School of Business and graduating with a hard-won Masters of Business Administration. With his degree fresh in hand, Briger began working at the prestigious Goldman Sachs, where he stayed for 15 years and made partner before turning his attention to the relative newcomer Fortress Investment Group.
Where He’s Going
Peter Briger joined Fortress Investment Group, where his experience as a partner at a prestigious firm landed him an upper-level management position right out of the gate. It wasn’t long before Briger became a principle and joined the board. In February of 2008 Fortress Investment Group entered the open market, turning it’s principles, including Briger, into billionaires. What sets Peter Briger apart is what he has done with his success. Rather than squandering or hoarding his wealth and power, Briger has been giving it to those in need. He is actively involved in the following philanthropies:
- The Hospital for Special Surgery- A renowned hospital in New York, and other places, that specializes in orthopedic surgery. They offer generous programs to assist the disadvantaged who need their services.
- Global Fund For Children- This charity focusses its resources on start-ups and initiatives that will benefit the neediest of children worldwide.
- Central Park Conservancy- A group of dedicated professionals who protect Central Park as an asset to be enjoyed by all New Yorkers.
- Tipping Point- A social justice charity with the drive to help the economically disadvantaged citizens of New York.
- Caliber Schools- These professionals manage a network of charter schools dedicated to helping students succeed in college and beyond.
Peter Briger and Fortress Investment Group look forward to continuing to grow together, to improve their own fortunes, as well as the fortunes of their communities.